Banana Bread (Serves 12)
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 60ml almond milk
- 60g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 250g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sliced bananas, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, then flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash 4 bananas. Add brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract and almond milk, and whisk together.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a wooden spoon to mix.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with banana slices.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a couple crumbs.