- 225g vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 200g sugar
- 115g vegan butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 95g all-purpose flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Chop chocolate into ½ inch pieces. Set aside half and melt the other half in a microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds.
- Make the flax egg: combine the ground flaxseeds with the water in a small bowl and mix with a fork. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to gel.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar and vegan butter and whisk until smooth. Then add vanilla extract, flax eggs, and melted chocolate and whisk until well-combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and fold with a spatula until all ingredients are combined. Then, stir in chocolate pieces.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice into 9 pieces and serve.