Strawberry Vanilla Cupcakes
- 220g all-purpose flour
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240ml plant milk
- 10ml vanilla extract
- 80ml olive oil
- 15ml white vinegar
- 112g vegan butter
- 375g powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp strawberry flavoring
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃ and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- Sift flour into a bowl and add sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add plant milk, vanilla extract, oil and white vinegar.
- Mix in thoroughly
- Pour evenly into the 12 cupcake cases.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check the cupcakes at 20 and if a toothpick inserted into the center doesn’t come out clean, then put them back in for a further 5 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool before icing.
- Prepare the frosting by adding vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and strawberry flavoring to an electric mixer bowl. Begin mixing on low speed, gradually increasing speed until you have perfectly smooth frosting.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry slices before serving.